Welcome to the website of the Stock Corvair Group, or SCG, a chartered chapter of the Corvair Society of America (CORSA).
SCG was formed to address the issues of researching and recording everything that we can about Stock Corvair and Corvair powered vehicles, and to provide some means of recognizing and encouraging those individuals interested in the process of maintaining, preserving, researching, or restoring such vehicles. .
This web site is designed to be:
- A home base for Stock Corvair Group member communication
- A site for publication of materials that contribute to our knowledge of Stock Corvairs
- A site for storage of databases pertinent to study of Stock Corvairs
- A general clearinghouse for Stock Corvair information, including links to other sites of interest.
Members must log in to post or to view content other than what is presented on this home page. Posts and comments to this site are moderated and subject to rejection if not on topic. Although we love Corvairs of all shapes, sizes, and build, this is the place for Stock Corvairs, not for other topics.
For a more casual, social experience, we administer two Facebook options:
- Stock Corvair Group – a private Facebook Group where you can post photos and share information about your Stock Corvair. To join, go to the group and answer the membership questions and review and agree to the group rules. We do not allow commercial sales or spam on this site.
- Stock Corvair Group: CORSA Chapter 010 – this is a Facebook page that is administered by SCG – we will occasionally post announcements and other material of interest to the group here.
We also offer SCG mail-list, courtesy of CORSA. This is an old-style e-mail list, same format as Virtual Vairs. This is a good place to post questions about Stock Corvairs
Mark Corbin is the SCG Secretary/Treasurer. Please send him all your pertinent information (Address, phone number, etc.) as he keeps the membership records. At this point in time we have set optional dues at $10/year. We use the money collected from dues to help maintain this site and to further research projects.
-Bill Hubbell, SCG President